Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why I never told, and why I am now

Five years ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder.  Before the diagnosis my mom and I were desperate to get doctors to see that I needed help and no one listened until I nearly went into a mental hospital. All of my life I have tried to save my good moods for when I went out around people so that I was never made fun of or stereotyped, and I continue this today.  But last year I met a wonderful man Aaron, and God used him to show me that I dont need to feel ashamed of having Bipolar because I have done nothing wrong.  But how do you step out of the box you put yourself in that felt so safe to a world that may hurt and reject you? Well God showed me that if I continue to live my life in that box I will shut out the people that really care and I will loose many opportunities to share the love of Christ in me. 
          I have searched for the reason why God allowed me to to have Bipolar and never heard an answer until now. God wants me to share my struggles to help and comfort others who are going through the same pain I am in.  I would have never wanted this to be my answer because I have been too afraid for the world to know my secret self.  But seeing stars like Catherine Zita Jones come out this past month with Bipolar encouraged me to come out and share my story as well. I no longer want to live in fear of the world and its judgements because if Christ is for me than who can be against me!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for talking about it. :) I will read with love and tears. Your very special Rose and God does love you. ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that God is going to use you in big way Rose! Love you and excited to see how this plays out in the story of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me, Rose. I am so excited to see how God is going to use you and your blog to help others see His glory.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete