Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dreams lost then found

Since I was diagnosed with Bipolar 5 years ago it has been hard for me to really see myself ever having a boyfriend or even get married. But Feb 2010 I was reconnected with an old childhood friend Aaron Myers.  We talked a lot and soon after we started dateing and in December we became engaged now we are set to marry on July 30th and it is a dream that I felt I had lost long ago and now is found!!! Many people have been surprised by this and I have to tell them so am I! And I say all this because I was afraid that I would never find anyone that could make the commitment to stand by me through all my emotional ups and downs.  And when I told Aaron that I have Bipolar he wasn't scared off or freaked out he loved me even more and has stood by all my moods and continues to do so. 
I say all this to encourage those who are single right now with a mental illness and may be thinking "who will ever love me like this" well there is someone out there for you someone who will love all of you and never leave even when things get hard.  I have had many fears that I had to deal with this last year being with Aaron, because on top of having Bipolar I have many emotional wounds that run deep into my childhood that starts with an abusive father.  But last year God opened a door for healing.  I had lost my dreams of ever being a wife, a mother, or ever being loved by a man.  And when Aaron came into my life I found that my fears and doubts had no grounds to stay and I trusted God and my heart was healed. This was a big turning point in being able to better manage my Bipolar because stress and anxiety makes the moods worse so being able to get rid of the stress of those hurts was a dream found.
Aaron is my dream found and I see it more becoming more true everyday closer to my wedding. Because not only do I have a man that loves me, but one that wants to walk through my Bipolar with me and not leave me alone.  Don't loose heart dear reader's there is hope and you don't have to manage your mental illness alone, get help and talk out your stress and deal with your pain and hurts! but most of all no one can manage their mental illness with out God, well you can try but put God in your life and He takes the wheel so you can find your dream!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment